Sunday, February 21, 2021

to the man-my son

Your father found for us
A Pakistani Doctor
in plush London
Who told us plainly
that you were coming..
I knew, it is you
I cannot recall
our first response
Together, we did not know
he knew his and I did mine.
It was overwhelming
Till your ammamma
Told me she hit a lottery
with the gold locket at the Krishna temple
That same morning..
I knew it is you
It is eighteen.
you chose me to
carry you
that he chose to be the partner soul
Our job together done forever and yet
not
Son,
As you become a man:
own every bit of you
the light, the shadows
run from none
Cry for what the heart calls
Laugh when your soul sings
Create when your eyes see
Love all that touches you
and does not - reach out
Your world
is a gift
from two souls
who promised the universe
you






No comments:

Post a Comment